Friday, September 16, 2011

The visit

My nephew is here for a visit.  He is 5.  I feel very old.  We went to Boomers today and had a great time. 

He is finally tall enough to drive the "Rookie Raceway" cars all by himself.  That is good news because I don't have to take him for a ride in the "big cars".  I've never seen a kid so happy as when he passed someone else (he'd had a lot of practice--he rode the cars about 12 times).


He loved to play miniature golf--his version--which would be the 5 year old version--which is a little dicey.  I'm not sure a full swing on the 12th hole is entirely necessary (especially when you are about 4 inches from the hole).  But he had fun.  When we were all done he said, "that was fun, I won".  I said, "yep, you sure did".  Made him happy. 


And then the dreaded "inside" games.  I really don't like (read: I hate) the "inside" games, but kids love them.  So $5 and 15 minutes later we have our prizes:  an annoying whistle (what was I thinking), a tootsie roll (hard as a rock) and a badge.  The worst job in the world: ticket redemption lady at Boomers.


No comments:

Post a Comment