Sunday, January 24, 2010

Lessons from this week

So I've thought about some things this week--some serious and some not-so-much....

1. I think I really love orzo pasta. I've never really used it, and in fact, until recently never even knew what it was. But it is such a fabulous little mix of pasta and rice! We had it the other night with some chicken with the most fabulous lemon artichoke sauce...delicious!

2. If you're going to teach seminary you have to have a really great pair of boots (or 2). It is really hard to get up on a cold morning and put on a dress. Wearing boots cuts the pain just a little bit. And there are some side benefits as well...you don't have to wear nylons every day of the week and you can wear some really quirky socks and get away with it!

3. I firmly believe that Special K is putting more yogurt clusters in my favorite cereal. It is hard to believe that in these difficult economic times you would get more of something, but I really think it is true! I haven't done a scientific study to prove this (e.g. counting them) but when I pour it in my bowl in the morning I really think there are more of those tasty morsels and sometimes that is a very bright spot in an otherwise ordinary day!

4. Live your life with no regrets. The husband of a dear friend of mine is missing in the rubble of a hotel in Haiti following a 7.1 earthquake on January 12, 2010. She is waiting to hear word of him and the anguish has been excruciating for her and all those around her. She has taken comfort in knowing the last words she said were "I love you".

1 comment: