
So come to find out I had been using her recipe correctly, but I wasn't greasing the pans with shortening--and I think that is the trick! Yesterday Michael wanted to make chocolate chip cookies and so I told him to call Grandma and get her recipe and do them her way.
In no time at all (thanks to the help of my lovely new red kitchen aid mixer)
Michael had perfect, beautiful, non-cat barfy cookies!
After all these years, such a simple secret......
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Grandma's chocolate chip cookie secret!
Well my mom has always made the best chocolate chip cookies in the world and I have never been able to duplicate them--no matter how hard I've tried (mine always turn out looking a little bit like cat barf--actually a lot like cat barf--but that is another story). When we were visiting at Christmas Jessica wanted to make chocolate chip cookies and Grandma pulled out her recipe. I was skeptical; but they turned out perfectly--beautiful and delicious--and not a bit like cat barf!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
COMMENT!
ReplyDelete