I got a new app for my iphone on Tuesday, it is called
cyclemeter and I am quite fond of it. In fact, because of it, I have been riding everyday this week. It tracks how far you have gone, your average speed....It even has a calendar to track which days you did which routes and compares your rides against each other. So I decided that I needed to leave dear old Modesto and give my cyclemeter a try in a different location-- Monterey, San Francisco, or Yosemite; I didn't care as long as I got to use my cyclemeter. So I left the decision to Steve and Michael. They chose San Francisco and I was happy with that because I'd always wanted to ride across the Golden Gate Bridge.


So off we went on our adventure. According to the on-line maps, you can ride from the Ferry Building on the Embarcadero to Sausalito and it is "about 8 or 9 miles of relatively flat riding". Apparently relatively flat means different things to different people. The people who made this designation must live in the Swiss Alps because there were 3 large and imposing hills to climb along the way.
Then there is the bridge itself. It was a beautiful day in San Francisco, some wind but all sun. All sun until we got to the bridge which was shrouded in thick fog with gale force winds.
There are no pictures of us actually on the bridge, because I didn't want to be blown off the bridge for a photo opp.
In the end the ride was totally worth it, because we got to see things like this ...
Fun times with the family!
No comments:
Post a Comment