Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What's up with all the ducks!

Several months ago my sister took my nephew to see The Princess and the Frog.  During a quiet part of the movie, Cameron sat up and very clearly and loudly said, "what's up with all the frogs".  Since that amusing quote came into my life I find myself thinking, "what's up with...." anytime I see anything in any quantity greater than 2 or 3.

Yesterday on my daily bike ride along the canals I saw an extraordinary number of ducks...They were landing, swimming, taking off, waddling around...all manner of duckish behavior.  Then there floating along in the canal was a mama duck with her 11 babies--yes 11 babies!  What a fun thing to see!

I took a picture with my ailing blackberry, but you can't tell there are any ducks there, so you'll have to use your imagination. 

Simple pleasures in life, the best kind.

1 comment: