She has a beautiful site for the reception--the Wasatch Room of The Joseph Smith Memorial Building. We picked out linens, chairs (who knew I cared if it was a bow or a knot?) and a delicious buffet menu. They have a fantastic wedding coordinator who made the whole process a lot easier.

Then.... it was off to meet with the florist. I used the words simple and small and hopefully that helped. She seemed to get the idea that we didn't want this to be really over the top and came up with some great ideas for purple flowers which is the color Jessica chose (and which also are not very plentiful)
Then....the bakery! She chose to have a cupcake tower with one small cake that she and Adam can cut at the top of the tower. It's going to be beautiful--the one task I have...to find purple cupcake liners.
On Friday our one and only task was to find a wedding dress. I thought this would be easy, but as beautiful as Jessica is, not all the dresses were equally as beautiful. At the third place we looked she found it! The perfect dress, she fell in love from the moment she put it on. (Jessica apparently missing a hand is the result of having to "take in" the dress--it's a little big)

What a happy girl! To have this big job finished!

Then....it was off to look for purple shoes. Turns out this is no easy task (unless you want purple suede 5 inch heels) We looked everywhere with no luck--She'll keep looking...
I was going home Saturday night so it was crunch time on Saturday. We found her temple dress first thing and then headed back to Salt Lake. More looking for purple shoes (still no luck) and then ordering the invitations. She had already picked out the ones she liked, so it was easy to finalize all the details (and as with all other plans there are apparently a lot of details that I was unaware of) But they were selected and ordered and we're on our way!
So after an exhausting 48 hours I believe the major parts of the wedding are all planned. Small decisions left to finalize and some little things here and there--but for the bigdecisions--checked off our list!
YAY! I don't know why I didn't see this entry before! I like it. =)
ReplyDelete